Friday, June 20, 2008

Progress, Progress, Progress!

Behold, the fruits of my pixel editing labor. These are three key characters to the story. The first is Reckir, the protagonist. Second, we have Hayato, his best friend and fellow hunter. Last, we have Emil, a miner and Reckir's rival.

In other news, I've been grinding out other charsets for NPC's and planning out their dialog. The maps are about 95% done for the demo, just need to do some more interiors and then place "Scenic" NPC's. The core story and events for Chapter 1 are already done and implemented, just need to bug test and fix any bugs that have come up. In short, I'm on schedule and the demo should be ready by mid-july, late july if I take my sweet time.

I'll be keeping the details of the story completely under wraps, as I'd prefer to surprise the player via gameplay instead of sharing spoilers so early on in production. The only thing I'll share is it is a tale of overcoming your faults, and becoming strong. Reckir will be put through hell, and must climb up over the problems that occur and become a stronger man; or fail in the process.

Stay tuned!

No comments: